Direbane is an abode to share artifacts, simulacra, histories, and other items of note related to ongoing years adventuring.
*** DROP BOX ISSUE *** APOLOGIES, LINKS ARE MISSING AND NEED TO BE ADDED!

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

DunDraCon Moving to Santa Clara after 29 Years

(My first DunDraCon convention badge, DDC 16. Then hacked it for DDC 17.)
DunDraCon announced that DDC 44 will be the last at the San Ramon, CA Marriott Hotel and are moving the gaming convention to the Santa Clara, CA Marriott.

My gaming group has attended DunDraCon in San Ramon since Kevin tipped us off about the convention moving there in 1992. We have commandeered vacant rooms, gamed in stairwells, hallways, private guest rooms, and of course all the open gaming rooms.

Sumerled, J.A.S., and Postman Bob even made it up onto the roof of the hotel one year. (Somebody in maintenance left a long ladder alongside the building - attractive nuisance!)

We have had an annual pre-game parking lot BBQ nearly every year (even in the rain), and used to hold a breakfast BBQ also with J.A.S. and his gas-grilled pancakes.

During my "dark times" with the drink when our d&d game wasn't all that healthy our single game every year was still The Con. The only two I missed are 2005 when I resided, newly sober, in my SLE, and 2014 when I had to retake the bar exam that February.

Dang, nearly 3 fucking DECADES... that I believe qualifies as an era.

No comments:

Post a Comment